Pimp That Preserve – Only 2 More Days of Voting!
Have you voted yet?
We have really been blown away by the response to this years “Pimp That Preserve” – more than 1,000 votes were casted in the first 24 hours. If you haven’t had your say, pop on over to FaceBook (you have to have an account to vote but anyone can view the pictures) and click ‘LIKE’ on the ones you like the most. There’s some great inspiration for the Holidays and ideas on how to wrap your jars in many, many ways…
Voting ends Wednesday, December 21 at 8:00PM est. Winners will be announced Thursday.
I also have to say just how much I love seeing the sense of community – people are voting for each others pieces, sharing nice comments and celebrating the community passion for preserving.
We said at the start of this contest that we would name an honourary winner and that we would have a draw for the prizes (prizes being given to those who designed the jars). When we received the photos and posted them we shared that we had a dilemma - some people had sent many photos of the same product, some sent only one and some sent one that was a collage of a few pictures. I said we’d try to figure out the fairest way to declare a winner and distribute the prizes (if I submit 5 photos and you submit 1, I can vote for myself 5 times and you can only vote for yourself once). So here’s what we’ve decided:
- We will judge different entries by the same person as different entries (i.e. not group them together just because they were made by the same person)
- Most of the jars have at least two aspects to them – the jar and the lid.
- Regardless of how many photos a nominee submitted we will:
- Combine the total number of likes of their 2 most popular photos of the same preserve.
- If there’s only 1 photo of said preserve, we will double the likes to even things out.
I’ve run the numbers a few times and believe this will be the fairest to account for the amount of amazing entires we received. If you have any concerns, send me an email (joel (a) elevenideas.ca).