We had so much fun with it last year so we’re bringing back “Pimp that Preserve”. If you’re anything like us you like sharing your preserves as much as you like making them and eating them yourself. A Jar of jam (or pickleschutneybeetpowderinfusedvinegarwhatever!) is like a blank canvas…make the preserves you give a little bit more special by treating them like a work of art.
I’ve been collecting up a bunch of stuff to use for ‘pimpin’ over the last little while…this year I’d like to challenge you to use as much vintage or second-hand or even stuff that would otherwise wind up in the garbage to give your preserves a little character. Get creative and have fun. We’re looking forward to seeing and sharing all of your creations.
Here’s the Details:
* Embellish, package or otherwise ‘dress up’ your favourite jar of preserves with anything you like as long as it doesn’t damage the contents or break the seal.
* Send us a JPG of your creation to wearewellpreserved at elevenideas dot ca subject line: Pimp my Preserve.
- Send your photos by December 12, 10 PM EST
- We’ll share all the photos on our FaceBook Group.
- We’ll open up to the public for votes – people liking photos will count as a vote (this ensures that people can only vote once per image).
- People can vote for multiple pictures – but only once per image.
- You are welcome to enter multiples but be selective – the more you have up, the more you will compete with yourself!
- The person with the most ‘likes’ will be named the honorary winner and win bragging rights.
- We’ll share our designs but we’re not competing.
- The prizes will be raffled off – every like on a photo will count as a ballot (so the person with the most likes has the greatest chance of winning). We will allow multiple prizes to the same person if that happens to come out that way. Prizes won’t arrive until the New Year (the cutoff for mail is December 3)
We’re using the hashtag #PimpThatPreserve on Twitter to track the contest if any of you are over there and want to play along.