Monday night was our third Food on Sticks – it was a great night with lots to eat and some great people to share an evening with.
Our friend Margaret Mulligan went above and beyond twice – first by taking photos (she’s a professional photographer) and second by bringing crickets on a stick! She had some that were plain, some dipped in chocolate and others that were on pretzels with caramel and chocolate. Check out the post she wrote on the process – it was an epic journey and we’re so thankful for the work she put in! They were an absolute hit.
There were a lot of sweets this time. Here’s a partial list of the food people brought (the items I remember):
- Stick S’mores
- Beet Quicjles
- Cake Pops
- Watermelon and tomato salad
- Pickled garlic and cheese
- Chocolate nutty heaven with some form of soft caramel that was amazing
- Cheese puffs (3 different types)
- Dairy free triple chocolate brownies with candied ginger (I’m really enjoying dairy free baked goods that people make and may need to learn some more about them…)
- Chocolate, peanut and bacon wrapped bananas
And there was more. We hope you’ll come and meet some friendly people; the next event is April 30th. We have the theme picked but we’ll announce it closer to the date (if you can’t wait, drop us a line in the comments and we’ll give you advanced warning!)
Here are Margaret’s great shots (make sure to check out her epic cricket post):