If you haven’t checked out Books.Google.com yet, jump on over!
The search engine offers a wide listing of books – some are simply reviewed, some are offered in limited prview and others offered in full view (all electronically of course).
Here are a couple of samples:
- Looking for Preserving (in all books), brought up several tomes – including a fairly thorough preview of Preserving Summer’s Bounty. This had a related books section which had a link to Blue Ribbon Preserves.
- On food and cooking brought up The Science of Cooking – a very technical read that explores the science of the kitchen.
- There is a significant portion of Kitchen Mysteries as well (this is one of my all-time favourites from Herve This – the worlds original molecular gastronomist)
- What Einstein told his cook (and the sequel) look like promising flips.
- Brilliant Food Tips (promising 5,000 tips) also offers a handy index for the kitchen.
- In Defense of Food has a generous sample
We have found greater success when avoiding simple searches such as food or recipe. Searching titles of books brought the best results and paying attention to the related books can also have strong results.
Enjoy – and share links to your faves!