Occasionally we’ll be posting up some downloadable stuff for your enjoyment, jar labels, how-to’s, recipes…that kind of thing. So check back here every so often to see what we’ve got. This is a new page, so like everything else around here it’ll change a bit and evolve as we figure out what we want to do with it and what kind of things you’d find valuable.
Templates for VAMPIRE BEGONE jar labels (the post the ‘unveiled’ them is here):
Print-Your-Own Label Templates
We hope you’ll keep reading but rest assured - there’s no fine print. Here’s the link to each of the templates (the white uses the least ink). These have been uploaded as .PDFs and you are welcome to share them:
Link to the Recipe
Other Posts About Pickled Garlic
- Lessons Learned from making (and peeling) 30+ pounds of pickled garlic.
- Our Preserving Autumn Graphic/ Poster (You can find some more of our art in the Preserving and Store sections of our website.
- General thoughts on pickling garlic
- We made pickled garlic for more than 600 people (they ate more than 15 pounds of it in 4 hours) for the Evergreen Brickworks Slow Food Picnic. To see the series os posts (and what we served with it), check out this series of posts.
Other Jar Label Ideas
We run an annual contest called Pimp That Preserve - click the link to find a bunch of posts on decorating your preserves and other jars!
WellPreserved.ca is a project run by Dana and Joel. She’s a designer who loves food, he works in Social Media (something that happened as a result of this project, not the other way around) and both adore food, family their dog and each other. WellPreserved has been updated every day since late December, 2008 without missing an entry.
The project is more than just Dana and Joel – there’s a thriving community of people willing to share their excitement around great food, tradition, people, places, recipes, connections and consciousness that comes from sitting around a table sharing food made with whole ingredients. None of us make the perfect decisions all of the time but we’re interested in learning what we can and sharing our excitement with others.
About 10-20% of our conversation revolves around all forms of home preservation.
How to Get The Most from WellPreserved
- Kick around, explore some posts (we have a new menu system in the works).
- Leave comments and see what others have commented on.
- Join the Facebook Group (there are more than 2,700 members and the conversation can be frantic but is always respectful). This is the most interactive part of the project and a way to connect with us and others who are just as passionate about food, cooking and preserving.
- Add us on Twitter and interact with us.
Thanks for coming by – if you’ve read this far, know that we love comments and people that share with the handy links below – we’d be very appreciative if you’d help us share these cool labels with others!