OK team, we need your help!
We live in Riverside (near Leslieville) in Toronto. Construction has closed the intersection of Queen and Broadview which is dramatically decreasing business for the local business in our community.
You can help support local business in the middle of the worst (but needed) construction project we’ve ever faced – and you can win a whack load of prizes!
Here’s the deal:
- Come to HiLo on July 16th.
- We’ll be selling raffle tickets and have some form of silent auction. 100% of raffle proceeds are being donated to local charity (we’ll announce the amount here; we’re planning to donate to The Red Door which is a shelter in our neighborhood).
- We’ll be selling tickets from 7:00PM onwards and we’ll start drawing winners at 8:00PM.
- Raffle prizes will consist of small-large prizes (supporting local food businesses in the area; each prize will be redeemable from July 17th – August 4th. Prizes will range from a free pint of beer, a $30 bar tab to HiLo, apps and mains from Table 17 and Enoteca Escari and more! The prizes are all incentives to come out and support our neighborhood in the toughest construction season we’ve faced in recent memory.
- So far we’ve received prizes from:
- Butchers of Distinction
- The Comrade
- Dangerous Dan’s
- Enotecta Ascari
- Glas Winebar
- Left Field Brewery
- and more!
Left Field Brewery will also be attending and bringing a keg with them – it’s the first time you’ll be able to have Left Field on tap at HiLo!
We hope you’ll come out and help spread the word – and we hope you’ll join us in supporting local business in the midst of a challenging time!
list of businesses offering prizes will be updated on our NEW I Love Home Ec website (the place to keep up with all our events!).